The true meaning of the holidays is one of joy, love, peace, and happiness. Cultivate a child-like awe and appreciation and have a joyous holiday! Here’s a call to shift gears and reclaim what should be a time of appreciation, excitement, joy, and peace. Make up your mind that this is going to be your happiest holiday season ever. Your decision to emphasize the positive can reclaim a season that is supposed to bring out the best in us, rather than becoming a stressful time. The truth is that this time of year offers us a wonderful opportunity to rekindle the spirit of love and living life to the fullest. Here are a few tips to remind yourself.
- I’ll let the holidays flow, rather than trying to make them fit into a fixed schedule.
- I’ll remember that people are more important than things.
- I’ll relax my expectations for myself and others this year.
- I’m going to live in the present moment and enjoy each activity for itself instead of always thinking about what is ahead of me.
- I’m going to approach the holidays with a sense of joyful anticipation and wonder, just like I did when I was a child.
This life is a miracle, each and every particle of it, and the holiday season is a celebration of the miraculousness of it all. Merry Christmas from my home to yours……. Share the joy of the love that fills your heart.